Learn how to configure the X-Lite softphone, other versions such as X-Ten, Eyebeam and Bria are from the same family and can be setup using these instructions.
X-Lite softphone allows to dial any landline or mobile phone number from PC to phone and get all phone calls connected. Signup for a SIP account with a VoIP provider to contact your customers worldwide.
Download and install X-Lite softphone
The first step is to download the X-Lite softphone to your computer or mobile device.
This is a tested version of the X-lite that works faster than the latest version hosted on the developer’s site:
Download X-Lite free softphone for ⊞ Windows safely from our servers (Recommended).
Download X-lite from the developer website, this is a modern version with the same capabilities and it is much more slower than the previous version hosted on our servers.
Locate the file on your computer and double click on it to begin the installation.
System requirements for installing X-lite
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Mac OS X 10.5 + (X-Lite for Mac can be downloaded from the official website).
- A comfortable headset.
Configuring SIP trunking account on X-Lite softphone
After downloading and installing X-Lite, follow the directions below to setup X-Lite with a Switch2VoIP SIP trunking account. The configuration is the same for X-Lite on Windows and Mac OS X.
We recommend that you read each step through in its entirety before performing the action indicated in the step.
STEP 1 Open the X-Lite application.
STEP 2 If you have had X-Lite installed for a while please skip to 2B below.
STEP 2A If you have just installed X-Lite you will see a screen appear like the one below:
If you see this window skip to STEP 3, if not, see 2B below.
X-lite SIP account settings
STEP 2B If X-Lite was already installed on the computer RIGHT-CLICK on the softphone screen and select SIP Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
STEP 3 Click the Add button in the SIP Accounts window.
STEP 4 You will now see a window with tabs across the top, and fields to be filled. Follow the directions:
STEP 5 Within the Account tab fill in the fields as explained below:
- Display Name: Enter your Agent’s Name in this field or leave Empty (Setup CallerID on Eyebeam)
- Username: Enter your Switch2VoIP Username here or if you want to display your CallerID to your callers then you can input here the phone number you want to display to your callers.
- Password: Enter your SIP Password here.
- Authorization user name: Enter your Switch2VoIP Username Again here
- Domain: 18.104.22.168
In addition the Register with domain and receive incoming calls option should be CHECKED; and the target domain radio button selected.
The dialing plan should be left as its default which is: #1aa.T;match=1;prestrip=2;
STEP 6 Within the Advanced tab make sure that the settings are configured as shown in the picture below:
Once finished the X-lite setup as shown above, click the Apply button (if you made any changes), and then click the OK button.
STEP 7 You will now be taken back to the SIP accounts screen. Click the Close button as shown in the picture below:
STEP 8 The X-Lite software will now attempt to register (log in) to our servers. You should see this happen in a few seconds and if successful in the main screen you will see the Logged in — enter phone number message.
That’s it! You can now make a phone call.
You can place a call to a traditional landline or mobile phone by dialing: 1 + the area code and number for calls to the United States.
Setup CallerID on Xlite Softphone
Follow these instructions to setup your CallerID on X-Lite settings: https://switch2voip.us/setup-your-callerid-on-eyebeam-or-x-lite/
X-lite Softphone Features
- Setup one SIP account per computer or device on the free X-lite version
- Make phone calls from PC to phone via a VoIP SIP gateway provider
- Three way calling
- Call transfer
- Calls recording
- Place callers on hold (on-hold music included)
- Supports caller ID display
- Includes a contact phone book.
- Allows quick dialing.
- Voice data compression for internet bandwidth improvement
- Echo cancellation and noise reduction
- Can be used with USB phones, Headsets, Microphones, and a set of speakers, or a USB video phone
Features in Commercial Version Only
- Configure unlimited SIP phone lines
- Codec G729 included for more voice data compression to 8kbps
Besides configuring your Xlite X-Lite, X-Ten or Eyebeam we have two related articles if you want to learn more and enter into advanced settings it is recommended to read how to configure your Eyebeam with the Codec G729 to get the best quality audio and setup your CallerID on Eyebeam or X-Lite Softphone to get the best out of your phone settings.
- What is SIP Trunking?
- What is the cost of SIP Trunking?
- How to setup your SIP trunk on Vicidial and Goautodial carrier settings
#VoIP #SIP #PBX #IVR #CloudDialer #HostedDialer #HostedPBX #CloudDialer #VirtualPBX #DialerHosted #CloudCallCenter #Asterisk #Elastix #SIPTrunking #SIPtrunk #Xlite #Softphone #Zoiper