To create a SIP account these days is very simple compared to the beginning days of VoIP.
A SIP account opens all possibilities of communications, from audio voice calls to high definition real time video calls from all kind of devices and operative systems like iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux and all kinds of PBX installed on any platform, they all make use of the SIP protocol.
The many benefits that a SIP account offers when configured on a PBX are often free audio and video calls to internal extensions within the same network. However when you make calls outside of your internal network you may pay a per minute fee and the price will depend on the VoIP provider.
Search for a VoIP provider and create a SIP account
It is recommended to search for a SIP provider that offers prepaid service, this allows the user to buy some credits and jump right into the testing.
Signup for an account from a VoIP provider with support available and ask for help with the registration and settings.
Option 1: Setup a SIP account on a laptop or mobile device to make calls over Wi-Fi or over mobile network
- Open the App Store and download Zoiper or Xlite.
- Open Zoiper or Xlite.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Click on Add New SIP Account.
- Complete the required fields with your SIP account details, username, password and server/host IP. If you still don’t have one then you must create a SIP account from your VoIP provider.
- Tap Save.
Option 2: Setup a SIP account on a SIP phone PBX
After getting the SIP account credentials from the VoIP provider you will need set them up on your SIP phones or Virtual PBX.
- Login to the SIP phone or PBX console from a web browser.
- Enter the SIP account credentials including the username, password and server host IP. For more security ask your VoIP provider to authenticate your SIP account with your network IP.
- Confirm the SIP account is registered on the device.
Place a call from your registered SIP account
Once you have finished setting up your SIP account on a SIP phone or Virtual PBX you can place a call normally as any other phone call either you are connected to the Wi-FI or using a mobile internet connection.
- What is SIP Trunking?
- What is the cost of SIP Trunking?
- How to setup your SIP trunk on Vicidial and Goautodial carrier settings
#VoIP #VICIdial #GOautodial #PBX #IVR #CloudDialer #HostedDialer #HostedPBX #CloudDialer #VirtualPBX #DialerHosted #CloudCallCenter #Asterisk #3CX #Elastix #SIPTrunking #SIPtrunk #SIP